Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm US-bound!

After 3 days back at work, I'm on pleasure bent again, this time going to the US. This definitely hasn't been my most productive week ever. I think by the time I had recovered from vacation and got back in to the groove at work, it was time to think about leaving again.

It's hard to believe that it's been 7 months since I came to Zürich- it's definitely the longest time I've ever been out of the US. I'm quite looking forward to the conference in Denver (which I like to call nerd-fest), although I have some work still left to do on the two talks that I will be giving.

In Denver I will also get to see one of my best friends from my days in Boston, who works only half a mile from where the conference is being held! (I do think that I have been quite lucky in ACS's choice of conference locations. The three times I have gone to an ACS conference, one of my best friends has just recently moved to that city.)

As strange as it sounds, one of the things I am looking forward to the most in Denver is getting my hair cut. I haven't gathered up the courage to get my hair cut here in Zürich yet- the prospect of trying to explain in German what I want has just seeming too daunting to me thus far, which means my hair is getting a little wild and wooly. I've actually had a hair appointment scheduled for over a month!

Now, to pack...

No comments: