Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter hike at the Niederhorn: the full post.

This past weekend, I took a winter hike in the mountains, as you may have seen. I have been missing the mountains (and the sun), as it has been quite overcast and foggy recently. I found a ski area with nice winter walking (Beatenberg) and saw from the webcams that it was pretty gorgeous there, so I chose to do the Niederhorn to Waldegg hike.

It was a beautiful sunny day, and I got to the top of the Niederhorn just in time to enjoy a picnic lunch with a view.



View at the top.

Just for you, mom.

The hike was mostly on a ridge, so I had a great view of the mountains the whole time.














It was absolutely amazing to be in the sun and in the mountains! Being Minnesotan, I do actually enjoy winter, and winter in the mountains is pretty great!



























2 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely photos! I especially like the second panoramic view.

LIz said...

Thanks for the pictures of you. It is so great to see them as well as the amazing scenery. Winter wonderland!